The Parent Page offers links to specific information which will help support parents/carers to access useful forms, dates, letters and information which are commonly requested through the school office.
Absence from school
Please contact the school by 9.30am on 0118 954 0770 leaving the name of the child, class and reason for absence.
Please be advised that the Department for Education have advised schools to only authorise leave of absence/holidays in exceptional circumstances, hence Rivermead will not approve any absence in term time, except in such circumstances:
- for service personnel and other employees who are prevented from taking holidays outside term-time if the holiday will have minimal disruption to the pupil’s education.
- when a family needs to spend time together to support each other during or after a crisis.
If holidays are taken without approval, this information will be passed to our Education Welfare Officer at Wokingham Borough Council and a Penalty Notice may be issued without further warning. Payment of a Penalty Notice within 21 days is £60 per parent/carer per child between 22 and 28 days it is £120. Penalty notices are issued to each parent per child. More details on the Wokingham Council website or from the Education Welfare Service. If the fine is not paid the matter will be taken to court.
Please see below for a copy of our Attendance Policy and Leave of Absence Form.
- You can view our Attendance Policy on our Policies page by clicking here
- Leave of Absence Request Form
Visit the PTA Shed in the Yellow Team playground or contact us and find out more about what’s happening with the PTA at: PTA@rivermead.wokingham.sch.uk
Parent Sessions and Related Information
- Meet the Team – EYFS
- Meet the Team – Lower School
- Meet the Team – Upper School
- Reading at Rivermead
- Phonics Presentation for Parents
- Maths Presentation for Parents
- Maths Supporting Learning at Home for Parents
- Spelling Activity Suggestions
- Spelling words list y1 and 2
- Spelling words list y3 and 4
- Spelling words list y5 and 6
- E-Safety Information
- E-Safety Presentation
- Growth Mindset Information for Parents
School dinners are provided by Caterlink Ltd. Meals can only be booked and paid online at www.scopay.com.
- Administration of Medicines
- Medication Form – Long Term
- Medication Form – Short Term
- Medication Form – Inhalers